In NYC the landlords are responsible for keeping mold outside of the building and units that they rent. This is true for any building that contains 3 or more apartments and falls under the Asthma Free Housing Act otherwise known as local law 55. Since mold can contribute to asthma and make symptoms worse for many people this is a serious health risk and action.
When the New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) has found that mold exists, precautions were not taken to prevent it or correct it. An HPD violation is the result. At ChutePlus we have certified Mold Assessors to conduct a full assessment to remove the violation from your property. Here is our process:
6 Step Process
- Management Company of the residential building will email the tenants Name and Contact Information and a copy of the Violation to our direct email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Then we will contact the tenants to schedule the assessment and remediation for the mold. Then we will file the completed forms before the due date in compliance with the NYS DOL and NYC DEP and HPD requirements.
- Then we will compile the necessary paperwork that needs to be submitted to HPD.
- Once complete we will send an affidavit that needs to be signed and notarized by the owner of the property or the managing agent (who is registered with the HPD).
- The original signed and notarized affidavit needs to be returned to ChutePlus immediately so it can be submitted with the completed correction packet before the certification date.
- We then submit the completed correction packet to the appropriate HPD office in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens Bronx, or Staten Island. And give proof of the submission date to the building management company for their records.
For each violation, we are offering this complete streamlined service for a set price of $3,600. This includes the entire service from start to finish as mentioned above.
In cases where there are multiple violations in close proximity, we can offer reduced pricing as well.
Past Due and Defect Letter
In some scenarios, if the mold violation is past their due date or a Defect Letter was submitted (where the assessment was done but no paperwork or incorrect paperwork was submitted) we can also help you remove these old violations as well.
In the event it is necessary to remove any materials to complete the remediation, replacement and repair will be sent under separate proposals.
We provide affordable, fast, and effective HPD Violation Removal for mold anywhere in NYC:
ChutePlus LLC 75-25 141 pl Flushing, NY 11367 718-683-5445 https://www.chuteplus.com/